SafeKids.org is a website that is extremely useful to any parents, babysitters, teacher, anybody that interacts with kids. The site is ran by Safe Kids Worldwide, a global organization dedicated to preventing children from being injured. Although a great resource, the most relevant article to PoguePoolSpa.com is the one on “Swimming Safety Tips.”
The article’s main points are simple and to the point: there is no substitute for active supervision; start slow with babies; educate your kids about swimming safely; don’t rely on swimming aids; learn CPR; take extra steps around pools; check the drains in your pool and spa.
- No Substitute for Active Supervision – actively supervise your children with your full, undivided attention
- Start Slow with Babies – babies can be introduced to the water around the age of 6 months
- Educate Your Children – enroll them in swimming lessons and tech them to never swim alone
- Don’t Rely on Swimming Aids – noodles don’t replace U.S. Coast Guard-approved personal flotation device
- Learn CPR – CPR can help save a life, it’s a valuable skill to have
- Take Extra Precautions
- Check Your Drains -make sure your pool & hot tub drains comply with the Pool & Spa Safety Act
Head over to SafeKids.org to read the full article, download yourself a copy, and to read some more of their articles. I plan on keeping an eye on it for when I have kids later on.