May is National Water Safety Month, so this whole week my blogs will be dedicated to organizations dedicated to water safety. One of these organizations is the National Water Safety Congress.
According to their website, they seek to advance the “promotion of education for the safety of recreational water activities” throughout the U.S.
To achieve their mission they:
- Create educational programs and provide materials to train water safety professionals throughout the U.S.
- Establish and support local water safety councils and organizations
- Award people who have made outstanding contributions in water safety
- Distribute the most current and effective water safety information, training curriculum and more
- Encourage uniform legislation and reciprocity of boating and water safety laws in the state and federal levels
They are a non-governmental, national recognized organization dedicated to promoting water and boating safety here in the U.S. They were founded in 1951 and have worked tirelessly to accomplish their goals.
To find out more about the National Water Safety Congress check out their website here.