We can all admit that sometimes, the first thought on our mind is not to make sure our pool is at the proper level when we are maintaining it. Or sometimes, it seems easier to go ahead and fill it a little bit extra so that we don’t have to do it later. As innocent as this seems, it is actually very important to keep your pool at the proper level. Here are some reasons why:
- When the water level is too low in the pool, it can cause the pump to suck in air through the skimmer instead of water.
- When the pump sucks in air instead of water, it causes it to lose prime—meaning that the pump is running but water has stopped moving through it. Losing prime can cause the pump to run ‘hot and ‘dry’ and can damage the pump, cause leaks, and even ruin the motor.
- Overfilling the pool is a dangerous habit because we can forget the water is running in the pool and it can cause the backyard to flood.
- A helpful way of remembering to turn off the hose in the pool is to set an alarm to remind you to check the water.
- Some people actually hook their keys to the water faucet to remind them to not drive off while the water is running.
At Pogue Pool Spa, we want what’s best for you and your family—as well as your pool! By maintaining the proper water level in your pool, it will prevent any accidents or damage to your property.
For more information, contact the pros at PoguePoolSpa.com.