Learn how to safely store pool chemicals with Pogue Pool Spa.
A pool can be a lot of work if you do the upkeep yourself, but it’s worth it when you can look outside and see you clean, beautiful pool. If you’re the one cleaning your pool, then you probably make year-round visits to pick up chlorine and other chemicals to keep your pool clean. This is great, but you have to be sure you are properly storing your chemicals safely rather than tossing them in a hot garage or outside in the heat. The following are a few tips to safely store your pool chemicals:
- Store chemicals low and separate. Make sure the pool chemicals don’t mix with other chemicals or substances. Keep them away from gasoline, oil, etc. Avoid placing them up high in case they leak or spill.
- Lock up your chemicals to keep them away from children or others who don’t know how to use them.
- Keep the chemicals in an area with a temperature below 95°F, away from direct sunlight, and in low humidity.
- Wear gloves, goggles, and a mask.
- Even if you have two bottles of the same chemical, do not mix the old and fresh chemicals.
- Keep them closed in their original containers.
- Do not smoke while working with chemicals.
For more tips and safety information, contact the pros at PoguePoolSpa.com.
Purchase pool chemicals from Pogue Pool Spa today!