April is Adult Learn to Swim Month. I’m an adult here in the U.S. that can’t swim, but I’m not the only one. About 37% of adults can’t swim the length of a pool. Before I can learn to swim however, I need to learn how to float.
Since I can’t swim, I find it hard to relax in the water. Which you need to be able to do if you want to float. So I looked up some tips I’ll definitely have to try next time I’m in the pool.
- Be comfortable – take deep breaths and relax your muscles
- Have a buddy – do not try it alone at first
- Try using a floatie – use it until you’re comfortable enough to be without it
- Align your body with the surface of the water
- Adjust your body until you float effortlessly
If you have any other tips on learning to float, share them here. I’m open to suggestions. Check out more of our blogs at PoguePoolSpa.com.