Ready for spa season? Before you can invite people over to enjoy your beautiful hot tub, you must make sure it is ready for the season.
- Purge your spa and make sure there are no bacteria in your plumbing lines.
- Power off your hot tub and drain it. It’s better to start with fresh water for the season.
- Clean, clean, clean! Scrub your spa down, look for water lines and buildup, clean your pillows and all corners, even the sides need to be cleaned up! Be sure to use a solution that is non abrasive and does not create suds, then rinse thoroughly to get all of the cleaning solution out of the tub.
- Be aware of your merchandise! Take note of any rips or tears in the vinyl of your spa cover. These can cause loss of heat to your hot tub and if severe enough, you might need to purchase a new cover.
- Wipe down the exterior, too!
- Last but certainly not least, clean your filter! If you are unsure on how to do this, refer to your owner’s manual or contact the pros at poguepoolspa.com.