I don’t know about you, but I love Saint Patrick’s Day. Especially wearing green and painting my nails so I don’t get pinched by my sisters.
Since today is all about the green, it’s the perfect day to talk about going green with your pool and hot tub!
Earth911 has a list of “8 Ways to Green Your Pool”
- Consider switching to saltwater.
- Buy reusable containers and refill them as needed.
- Buy an energy saving pump.
- Check for leaks and plug them.
- Switch to solar power.
- Install a pool cover.
- Add plants around your pool.
- Remove the nutrients that feed algae.
To help make your hot tub greener:
- Cover your spa and make sure there are no heat leaks
- Create windbreaks
- Lower your spa a degree or two
- Use “standby” mode when not in use
- Add insulation where necessary
Check out products at PoguePoolSpa.com to help you get started.